Theme: “Seniors Alive and Aging to Perfection” Colossians 1:25
- Annual Seniors Retreat
- Annual Seniors Banquet
- Request each Local Church to designate the fifth Sunday (when they occur) of the month as “Senior’s Sunday” if there are enough seniors attending the Local Church.
- Designate the month of June as “National Seniors Month”
- Meet with Local Church Seniors Ministry Directors to share information on Ministry to Seniors.
- Seniors “Adopt-a-Youth” program, where seniors pass their wealth of knowledge, experience, leadership skills and vitality to a young person while enriching their own lives.
- Encourage each local church to have a weekly day program for Seniors.
- An annual Seniors Symposium where valuable information would be shared with the Seniors about issues concerning them.
- Long-term Vision: To see a Senior’s Residence established by the church in Eastern Canada
Senior’s Mission Statement
The Seniors Ministry of Eastern Canada exists to help provide direction and support for the spiritual, emotional, social, physical and intellectual well-being of our Seniors.
To maintain their dignity and self-respect while honouring their wisdom. Enabling our Seniors to be able to visit the past, live victoriously in the present and look triumphantly to the future.
Director: Christine McBean