PRAYING FOR NEXTGEN LEADERS
July 26, 2017
“We remember before our God and Father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.” (1 Thessalonians 1:3 NIV).
NextGen leaders promote a holistic vision for the next generation’s spiritual growth from infancy to college. They partner with families and other ministries in the local church to ensure that there is a unified strategy for reaching, developing, and deploying the next generation into the harvest. Our constant prayer support, therefore, adds another layer of defense against Satan’s attack on their lives, family, and ministry; increases the effectiveness of their work; and blesses and strengthens the local church.
As we join together to strengthen and encourage our NextGen leaders,
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would be poured our daily in the life of each NextGen leader (Ephesians 5:18).
- Pray for vision and the leading of the Holy Spirit in NextGen ministries’ across our network (Habakkuk 2:2).
- Pray that NextGen leaders would be thoroughly equipped and fully resourced to win, disciple, and develop students (2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 2 Timothy 4:2, 5).
- Pray that NextGen leaders would cultivate a personal ministry of intercession and compassion for students (1 Thessalonians 5:16–18; Matthew 9:36).
- Pray that NextGen leaders would be positive role models and mentors (1 Corinthians 11:1; 2 Timothy 2:22).
- Pray for collaboration, communication, and synergy among NextGen leaders, ministry teams and lead pastors.
- Pray that NextGen leaders would pursue partnerships within their local communities (e.g., schools, sports, youth shelters, detention centers, etc.) to strengthen families and spread the Gospel (Matthew 28:19, 20).
Additional Prayer Resources
- Praying Circles around Your Children by Mark Batterson
- Blessing Your Children by Jack Hayford
Contributor: Aileen Reid
To download the Prayer Guide/Bulletin Insert, click here.